Something Different for 2015: An Actress I admire

by - 1/04/2015 03:57:00 pm


Happy New Year! Woop Woop! Is it 2015 already? It seems like 2014 was only a few days ago…oh how the time flies. What better way to start of the first post of 2015 than my New Year Resolutions! Haha! I’m only kidding, I think I’ll leave that to the people who actually do have resolutions (I only have 3 and they are pretty similar to everyone else’s). Instead today I thought I would do an actress appreciation post. I actually have long list of actresses I admire, some most would disagree with but some other would be like duh!? Of course. This one, however, might be one you never even considered. So without further ado, I present to you (that rhymed hehe) EMMY ROSSUM! *cue fanfares*

























It is only recently that I have become a fan of Emmy Rossum, before yeah sure I liked her work and movies but it’s only this year (I mean last year… I need to get used to saying that haha) that I have actually acknowledge how much talent Emmy has! Do you need a little convincing? I think you doooo!

At the age of 16 (I KNOW!) she became the leading lady in Phantom of the Opera, starring alongside Gerad Butler, who we all know is quite the hottie ;). In an interview with Conan O’brian, she tells the story of how when coming back from a day of work on set, she would walk past a butcher store and sing areas in order for free hot dogs…and that exactly what she did for O’brian, she sang for a hot dog with a mezmerising voice, like if you watch the clip you can see that everyones jaws dropped and there is just silence when she is singing. So I guess that kinda landed her in my list of woman I admire the most. (Nothing beats Audrey Hepburn though hehe) Singing for a hotdog 

She has appeared on Shameless, and again is an amazing actress in that, but also in the recent movie Comet starring only herself and Justin Long,  there are other people in this movie but its primary focus is the love story of Emmy’s and Justin’s characters throughout the years, always shifting to different events that leaves you as the audience working out which event came first. And there is the ending of the movie with left me confused and amazed all at the same time! Struggling to follow along the plot? haha I did too, but you will definetly not be confused when you watching…well maybe a little confused… Still Rossum is an amazing actress in this once again and if you haven’t seen this film yet, please do so as I would really like to see what you thought about it!





This is actually a reply to one of my good friends, Zaitoon, through her blog She Talks Adventure with a new quirky series called IDEA BOUNCE! Basically she posted about TV shows that are underrated and I agree with her completely. Then I can reply to her post in anyway from a topic/idea that was on her post. And so, she posted about Shameless and I’m replying with my admiration for Emmy Rossum. Badabing, Badaboom.

Thank you for reading!

If you want to stay and chat, please do! Leave a comment below on your New Years Resolutions, or maybe your list of woman you admire the most! I’d love to hear them.

Blogging off (Get it, like ‘logging off’, I know, I’m terrible haha)
Sophia
Xoxo

Currently Loving: Fairylights and lanterns
Currently Listening: The live version of Mcfly’s Lies

Currently Loathing: The sunburn I currently have…I did wear sun cream, I swear!



You May Also Like

0 comments