New York, New York: An Autumnal outfit

by - 1/12/2015 02:37:00 pm


You wake up to a mesmerizing skyline, excited of the new wonders you would see today. You can smell the food, the coffee and you can hear the loud traffic and humming of conversations in the air. Ah, New York, New York. A luxurious escape, even on a budget.  Central park is already alive with the morning joggers and those setting up the food trucks. So many sights to see and not enough time to see them, so you put on your autumn outfit, ready to see what New York brings today.

The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) is at the top of your list, followed by the effervescent streets of Williamsburg in Brooklyn and finally the stroll through central park, finishing at Wollman Skating Rink. At this point, you a bursting with excitement.





Hello!

If it wasn’t already obvious, I share an enormous love for travelling, and visting some of the most iconic cities in the world, like Paris and New York…Even though I have only visited Paris, I have always longed to go to New York and live there (like the Upper East Siders on Gossip Girl aha!). Obviously, I don’t have the money to get there, nor am I old enough to travel alone, but I still hold on to that dream (or chance) that I will visit or live in New York one day. And when I do, I have planned the outfits I would most definetly wear to see some of the magnificent sites New York has to offer.

Now, I know it isn’t autumn, but if I would ever go to NY, I would go there in autumn where it is the perfect mix of hot and cold (preferably on the colder side) and everything just looks cozy, bursting with near Christmas goodies and hot food.  For this outfit, I opted for a longsleeved, striped, cut-off, turtle neck tee paired with a lush button up skirt, bringing the 90’s back. Then, as I am expecting it to be quite chilly, I think it’s okay to be a little out there, and so I decided to add purple leggings (you can find these anywhere for a cheap price) which will go nicely with the purple lips and simple winged liner eye makeup that I envision myself wearing. For shoes, black ankle boots would look adorable, paired with a dark brown leather cross-over bag, big enough for your phone, money and lipstick. And now for the jacket! I actually think this look works well with either the leather jacket or the faux fur white jacket if you a looking for a softer look, which is what I am going for as it suits my personal style. This part is actually my favourite thing for choosing outfits or presenting outfit ideas because you can always adjust the look to your own style needs or even mood for the day. So if you aren’t feeling the softer side, this look works amazing for a rocker chick vibe by just adding a leather jacket.




Top-  Luvalot,  $39.95,
Skirt- Dream House,  $29.95 (Fun fact, I was watching Clueless the other day, and Cher was wearing this type of skirt but in a maroon colour!)
White Faux Fur Jacket- City beach, $49.95
Leather jacket- Ice, $20
And the book, to guide you through New York- Lonely Planet New York City, $21.99



Lipstick- Estee Ladure, Sorry but I don’t know the shade or price as it was a gift! This lip colour offers a darker purple with a shimmery bronzey-brown undertone. However any purple colour, whether it be bright or dark looks amazing with the clothes combination.

Thank you for reading!
Let me know in the comments if you plan on recreating this outfit or similar, or even your own ideal New York outfit!
Blogging off!
Sophia
Xoxo

Currently Loving: New York (hence the New York themed post!), The X men movies and Marvel Entertainment

Currently Listening: Well I was watching the Hannah Montana Movie when writing this, so I guess that? Haha!

Currently not liking: I read this book recently that had such a pretty cover, but was a massive let down. Like you know how the blurb is really what makes you read the book, well this blurb was really interesting and cute and then when I read this book, the blurb lied to me! It lied I tell you! Haha! I’m probably going to do a short post on that particular book…what is this book you may ask? Well I guess you’ll have to stay tuned! ;)





You May Also Like

0 comments