Holiday Adventures: Ice Skating

by - 12/27/2014 12:20:00 pm




Hello Everybody! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, ate so much you couldn’t move and got spoilt rotten because how else would it be considered Christmas if not for all those things.

Today is another part of my holiday adventures and this time it is something I absolutely adore doing, in fact it has always been my lifelong dream to be a profession figure skater, however, since I live in the tropics where there is no ice rink, and feels like summer everyday, this makes my dream a little hard to accomplish. But this doesn’t stop me from going ice skating at every chance I get.  You know how you get a little overwhelmed when you finish a really good book, or stupendously (is that a word?!) excited when you’re about to travel to a new place like Italy, Paris, New York? Well that is exactly how I feel when I’m Ice Skating, I feel like I’m flying across the ice, and sure the rental skates are a little rough, and the ice isn’t as smooth as you wished it would be since there is no Zamboni involved (you know, that big machine that cuts the ice and makes it all shiny and smooth), but I am loving every minute of it.

 I love the cold, and I always feel cozy in my over-sized jumper. After a while, you tend to not notice the cold, and are unaware that the blisters forming or that your feet are hurting.  I plug in my own music, either classical (Schindler's list theme) so I can imaging I am a figure skater doing all the tricks and spins (I cant do any of this haha!), or some nice upbeat music to find my own rhythm when I skate. Then I teach myself tricks that I learnt on YouTube (yes this is what I do in my spare time…don’t judge haha… I also watch Figure skating routines as well… I need a job…) and I stay there perfecting the trick until I get there. And I do! I have now learnt how to skate backwards; do forward crossovers, and slowly getting the hang of a simple spin. I love it. I just wish a rink was where I live so I could go every day, teaching myself the one sport I don’t terribly suck at. It also gets you out of that summer heat and trust me that is always a plus here in Australia! To me it’s all about finding the right balance, so if you are looking for something fun to do during the summer (or winter!) holidays just bend your knees and skate away!



Thank you for reading!
I hope you enjoyed this other short post of my summer adventures. Let me know in the comments below when you get stupendously excited or overwhelmed or even your dreams and goals, I’d love to hear them!
Love ya
Sophia
Xoxo

Currently Loving: Mangoes and Cold Drink
Currently listening: Disney music…shhh… don’t tell me you don’t love Cinderella or Tangled!




You May Also Like

0 comments