The Christmas Tag

by - 12/22/2014 10:20:00 pm

Hello, Privet, Bonjour, Aloha, Bonjourno, Ullo, G'day, Konichiwa
So with less than 2 days less till Christmas, I thought now would be the best time to do my Christmas tag. I hope you enjoy and get a little insight into what I do during the Christmas Holidays.

When do you start getting excited for Christmas?
I start getting excited as soon as I see the stores like Target or Myer get out their amazing Christmas decorations with their tinsel and Christmas themes scenes. It makes me so happy. And even though there is not going to be any snow in Australia, I love the idea of snow during Christmas, but don’t get me wrong I love the hot days where you can just lounge by the pool.

Do you stay in your PJ’s or dress up?
I think when I was a little girl I would stay in my PJ’s in the morning when it present opening, but then when we go to see family or getting ready for a Christmas dinner, I will put on the red lipstick and  wear a pretty dress.

Do you open your pressies Christmas Eve or morning?
This actually depends, because when I was little we would be allowed to open one present on Christmas Eve, while watching movies and eating chocolate. And then in the morning we would open the rest of the presents. However, now that I’m older, we generally open them Christmas day with all of my dad’s family, or sometimes (like last year) I actually opened my presents a week before (It was an iPhone…I don’t know why I was allowed to open it a week before but I still loved getting my present before anyone else hehe)

Typical Christmas day?
Hmm…this is a toughy because I sometimes spend Christmas with my dad, or with my mom. So if its with my mom, we would wake up to a delicious breakfast usually Crepes, and then we would open presents. After that it’s a quiet day where we would lounge around or go to the beach. We don’t really have her family come over as they live in Russia haha It’s a relaxing day and I love it now that I’m older to just chill with the scented candles, take a bath and watch Christmas movies until late. And then there is a typical Christmas day with my dad. Woo where do I begin! So we spend Christmas with his whole family (the brothers and sisters and cousins…a lot of cousins) and in the morning you would here the feet running around the house, looking to see if Santa ate the rumballs or drank the milk. Then they spot the Christmas tree filed with presents and immediately go for the biggest hoping it’s theirs. At this point, the parents are now awake and finally letting the kids to open their presents. Maybe you’re wondering what I’m doing at this point…I’m just watching or helping the kids open their gifts because I find that so much more fun than opening my presents. And usually I only 3 -5 ish presents as opposed to the 20 that my cousins get.  Then we have breakfast, swim in the pool, have Christmas music and movies playing all day and then have a massive Christmas dinner/lunch talking and eating and it’s a lovely atmosphere!

What do you like to do during the holiday break?
I love ice skating! I wish there was an ice rink in where I live so I could be a professional figure skating (the only sport I have ever loved haha), so if I’m going somewhere for the holidays I always try to find if there is an ice rink (I have an Ice skating post going up on the 27th so stay tuned!).
Other than that, my holidays consists of shopping, swimming, going ot the beach, bowling, watching heaps of movies and TV shows and praying that maybe school will be cancelled for 2015…hey a girl can dream cant she haha!

Fave Christmas songs
I love Baby its cold outside by Colbie Calliat, All I want for Christmas is you (do I really need to say who this is by hehe), It’s the most wonderful time of the year, Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas by Michael buble…ok I love Christmas songs and I do have quite a list, but I love hearing these when they come on the radio or in the shops.

What do you eat for dinner?
If I am with my mom for Christmas, she would bake a little pork roast with potatoes, gravy, broccoli, carrots and then we would have Ice cream with frozen raspberries for dessert. And then if I’m with dads family we would have ham, pork, prawns, fish, mangoes, potatoes, carrots, watermelon, graving, more seafood, bowl of cinnamon rolled almonds etc etc etc. We eat a lot with the big family and I love it haha

Favourite Christmas smell?
The food duh!?

Fave holiday movie?
ELF!! Or The Grinch!!... I did a little Christmas post here: Its Beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Wishlists?
Lindt Chocolate (does this count?)
Trip to New York (This will never happen but pretty please)
I don’t really have a wishlist tbh, I’m happy with whatever I get, I’m more looking forwards to the glorious food!


Anyway that’s the Christmas tag, I hope you enjoyed this Christmassy post and don’t forget to leave a comment about what your Christmas day consists of.

Thank you for reading!
Love ya
Sophia
Xoxo

Currently Loving: Ice Skating

Currently Listening: All I want for Christmas is You, Michael Buble’s Christmas Album, Ariana Grande’s Santa Tell me!!


You May Also Like

0 comments