Holiday adventures: Bowling!

by - 12/15/2014 08:33:00 pm

While it may be winter in the Northern Hemisphere (ie America, England, Europe), here in Australia it is hot and holiday adventures usually consists of swimming, the beach, or pressing yourself so close to the aircon until it feels like winter again. Now I'm not saying I don't love summer because I do, but I'm not going anywhere until closer to Christmas and that's where I'll get my tan on. But I thought,since then what adventures could I get up to (other than lying on my couch watching so much TV and YouTube videos until my brain hurts...don't lie we have all been there)


What I love about the summer holiday is spending time with friends. And while this heat keeps getting hotter, an easy way to cool of is going bowling. I personal have not been bowling in over 7 years and I actually went for the first time this week and found out that I am actually terrible at it. But regardless, eating the hot chips and cold slushies, laughing when your friends are almost as bad as you or watching the profession bowlers next to you lane, is to me what makes bowling so enjoyable and an amazing summer activity. 



I've actually learnt some tips and tricks that id thought I'd share with you. 

1) When aiming for the perfect strike always expect the unexpected and I find that using your hands or arms as the ball is already rolling down the aisle generally help sway the ball in the direction you want (but sometime the force from you hand is not enough...)

2) So you have almost got all the pins knocked over except for one in the corner. What I learnt when I went bowling  is that if the pin is in the corner you don't want to bowl directly in a straight line. You go to the opposite side and bowl, and with any luck it should curve and the bystanders will think your an expert (this doesn't always work though...) 

3) And my most important step is what you wear, if you can try and wear all white or bright colours because it looks so cool under the black light and puts you in the bowling mood, along with the music. 

Obviously, these tips and tricks will help in any bowling alley anywhere. And though I have said that I came last, that doesn't mean I was terrible... Ok it does... But I did pick up a few tips and tricks that helped. 

Thank you for reading! This was the first time that I've hung out with my friends these holidays and it was so much fun. So if your antisocial and don't really get out much, just go bowling because it's such a feel good activity. 
Let me know what you summer/winter holiday activities that you do with your friends.

Love ya
Sophia
Xoxo

Currently loving: Jack and Dean, Troye Sivan, Olly Alexander
Currently listening: blank space by Taylor swift,  JAMES BAY

Also I just wanted to let Sydney know that my thoughts and prayers are with the families who were held hostage by an angry man. Things like this doesn't happen in Australia. We are a peaceful country and no one deserved to die. My deepest sympathy to those affected. Xx

-Christmas is almost here-





You May Also Like

0 comments