It’s Beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

by - 12/12/2014 12:23:00 am


 - I hope you are all wrapped up with Christmas -



It’s December, almost the new year, and there is no better way to get in the mood for Christmas than watching some of the best Christmas movies (in my opinion). To me, Christmas is all about the giving and not the getting because a) it’s an exciting time and buying presents is so much fun and b) I don’t actually have a wish list this year so I’m only looking forward to sitting by the pool, enjoying some sort of cold drink and reading books or magazines, while getting a glorious tan for the new year. You’re probably wondering, Tan? What tan? It’s too cold to go outside!  I live in Australia and that means a hot hot hot summer during the Christmas Holidays, where the aircon is on full blast, and the pool is your new best friend. But sometimes, I do wish I could have a Christmas in New York, Ice Skate at Rockefeller Square, do expensive Christmas shopping is the festive shops or dive into the snow at central park. Wow, I just realized I went on a massive tangent…oops! Back to what this is about!

Watching Christmas movies is like a feel good thing, you break out the old Christmas DVD’s that you had as a kid and remember what Christmas was like as a child. Or you go on Netflix, pick an old school movie like White Christmas or It’s a Wonderful Life and cuddle up on the couch with a hot chocolate. Needless to say, Christmas movies is what you look forward to during the Holidays (And the presents, duh!). So without further ado, here are my top picks for Christmas Movies!


The Santa Clause



It’s one of the older ones with Tim Allen, and such a cute one at that! I’ve seen this movie, as well as The Santa Clause 2 at least 5 times when I was a kid, up to the point where it’s one of the annoying Christmas movies, but I still love it, the whole Santa set up and his little elves at the workshop. If you don’t know the story, Tim Allen’s Character basically kills Santa Clause and eventually takes over his role, getting fatter, growing a white beard, rosy red cheeks and finally giving into the Iconic Character of Santa Clause as he tries to fix Christmas. It’s cute, funny and to me a Christmas must see as a child, and even now if your are feeling nostalgic.





 Home Alone





EEEH! I loved this movie, especially Home Alone: Alone in New York. Each genius, hilarious films about a young boy , played by Macaulay Culkin, who feels left out by his family (They literally leave him behind on a family trip) and is basically ‘Home Alone’, when bandits enter his house. But the bandits don’t know what hits them, as Kevin McCallister tortures them as any 8 year old could though his quick-witted actions.  The second film was centered in New York and features the return of the Bandits who want revenge on Kevin during Christmas time. I remember when I first watched it, there was this one part which I laughed at so much and it was towards the end of the film as the Hotel Manager and his staff run up to the room, because they have found out he is ‘Home Alone’ and tell him to open up, but the TV is playing a film and shouting all these lines that the Hotel manager believes is an actual person, following his commands like ‘Get down on your knees’. I know it doesn’t sound funny, but to me that was comedy (Or maybe I just had the giggles when watching this ahha).  I loved this franchise and Macaulay Culkin, and is a definite must see during the Christmas time!


By far my favorite GIF! HAHAAH!

Elf

YAASSSS! By far one of my favorite Christmas films, and definitely something to watch on Christmas eve, as part of a marathon! This was hilarious and Will Ferrel is amazing acting like a little kid. I’m even laughing as I’m thinking about some of the scenes. I know some people don’t actually like this film, in fact some say it’s the worst Christmas movie but haters gonna hate. And I love it and will definitely watch it this Christmas. As an ‘Elf’ on a journey in New York , accompanied by all the Christmas music and snow, makes it as Festive as it gets. Add the comedy element, and the fact he works at in the Christmas department puts you in a Christmas mood from the get go. Ok, I’ve rambled enough about this movie. I’ll just let you enjoy some of the moments I loved and laughed at!








How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

Jim Carey was amazing. Like no word for how well he did this character. I loved this film. I watched it as a kid every Christmas eve and only now as I’m older I can fully appreciate the humour and greatness and how relatable this film was!









I mean, the Grinch literally described most of me (and our generation) now. If you haven’t seen the film (which I highly doubt), its basically about a creature, Grinch, who hates Christmas because of a traumatic bullying experience when he was little. But throughout the film, after hating on Christmas, he finds the love again through the funny looking people of Whoville with their funny noses.  And I don’t believe adults when they say it’s for children because everyone loves the Grinch, young or old. So go Dr. Seuss!


    Love Acutally

Finally, my number one pick.  This movie contains so many famous people that left me with crushes on Hugh Grant, imitating the Severus Snape voice, and loving the Christmas Spirit through the many stories in December leading up to Christmas. I only watched this movie when I was 12, and some parts were a bit raunchy for me then, but I remember crying and laughing because it was such an amazing, romantic, cute film and I’m still wishing that Keira Knightley’s character ended up with her Husband’s best friend (is that bad?). The all-star cast took part in a very very Christmassy movie, with Bill Nighy being an always Drunk singer, whose song actually reached #1 in the UK (the I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes, Christmas is all around us, just let the feeling show…you get the gist). A Prime Minister who fell in love, an adorable little boy whose mother died but is in love with a girl who has an amazing voice, which we witness through the song All I want for Christmas is you. There are so many stories and I also loved Rowan Atkinson’s role in the film that allowed the adorable young boy to pass through the airport security and profess his love. MMM the feels. Anyway, this is always going to be my favourite Christmas film, and I’m not just saying that because everyone else loves it, it genuinely is a good film with amazing storylines for each character.






Thank you for Reading!

I hope this has got you in a Christmas mood, snuggling up, drinking your hot chocolate and watching these movies. If you have any favourite Christmas films, let me know in the comments so I can watch them!!

Love Ya
Sophia
Xoxo

Currently Loving: Merry Little Christmas by Frank Sinatra, Christmas Shopping
Currently Listening while writing this: Memo by Years and Years, God Help the Girl


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13262169/?claim=wefasdcaau2">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>





You May Also Like

0 comments