Mockingjay: Part 1 Review (oh my god)

by - 12/06/2014 10:56:00 pm




I read the entire Hunger Games series by Susanne Collins in under a week, and I was very impressed because they just kept getting better and better. Catching Fire was by far my favorite book though while the movie was amazing there was one part that was a bit of a let down: when we didn't get to hear Haymitch's story of his time in the hunger games. Regardless, Mockingjay Part 1 did not disappoint! Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss was amazing in both her acting and portrayal as the 'Mockingjay' and throughout these franchise, I couldn't have asked for a better Katniss. 

But let's talk about the plot. I have to admit that it had been over 2 years since reading the series and I did not remember anything that happened in the book, happening in the movie, except for when she visits the hospital with all the people.... so either I need to re-read Mockingjay, or they changed a little bit that was going on. But i'm not complaining because what was delivered was absolutely amazing. They chose amazing people for Coin and Cressida (Who actually add-libbed some of her lines through her roles as 'Director' of Katniss's portrayal) and allowed Effie Trinket to come back, instead of having Katniss's other make-up artists etc. 

-Spoilers-

Let's get to Peeta. Wow. The feels. The heart-pounding moment during Peeta's, Annie's and Johanna's rescue was amazing and I was in the edge of my seat because I didn't want President Snow to know they were there. But of course he did. Then we have the reunions, starting with Johanna who gave us her stubborn, humorous character of 'No F*cks given' Haha, and then there was Annie and Finnick Ohdayum ( I mean O'dair), which left me crying because they were just so in love and he got to see her again and ugh..THE FEELS. And then it was Katniss's turn and I was so ready for their loving reunion (Because that's what I kind of remembered in the book, but I'm not sure anymore), but then Peeta 360's on us and attacks Katniss, throwing her against a window and slamming her to the floor, choking her until she passes out. And in this moment I was like what the poop just happened, because Peeta had completely changed and I was traumatized. The acting in this part was my highlight by far. It was thrilling and I loved it! and now Peeta is crazy and I have no idea what is going to happen in Part 2. 

I love the rebellion, from District 8 (correct me if i'm wrong) who went to the forest, climbed the trees and set off bombs, killing the Capitols guards which was pretty badass. Along with Katniss's singing of 'The Hanging Tree' as it weaved through the districts with their melodic singing as the blew up the Capitols dam, causing a blackout, leaving the Capitol defenceless. 

I was very impressed, confused and thrilled by the final installment the series part 1, and I am way over excited for Part 2, because I honestly don't know whats going to happen???? Will Peeta get better, is it going to be similar to the book in terms of who dies or doesn't?? Let's just say I thing Part 2 is going to be massive because SO MUCH IS GOING TO HAPPEN...it sucks that we have to wait a whole year :(

So, while I am no movie expert, I still love movies and I am giving this and 8.8/10!!

Tell me your thoughts?? Was it what you remembered from the book and what do you think will happen next? Leave a comment below so we can discuss!

Thank you for reading!

Love Ya
Sophia 
xoxo

Currently Loving: God Help the Girl, Comet, Castle, Christmas
Currently Listening: Years and Years (I LOVE THEM!)


-It's December and you know what that means-


... Got meself a bloglovin account too! So if you would like to follow you can :))

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13262169/?claim=wefasdcaau2">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>




You May Also Like

0 comments