・Be Brave, Be BOLD ・

by - 8/24/2013 12:54:00 am

OMG! It’s been like what, 2 weeks since I’ve posted? Wow! SORRY! But I have been horrendously busy! With Science assignments that make no sense to me to competing in a drama competition, there has been no time for me to sit down and just type. So today I made myself give up all my assignments and bring to you all…..wait for it……still wait for it…..it’s getting intense in here….. A MAKEUP TUTORIAL!
My first makeup tutorial is a bit of a daunting experience but it’s time for all the young girls out there to be brave, and bold…with their LIPS!

But first things first we need to cover up. Start by using the Maybelline BB cream, but only dab in your T-zone, under eyes and in any breakouts that you seem to have. I would recommend not using a brush, because coverage seems to be lost in the brush which is why it is much better to just use your fingers to blend in the BB cream. Next up is the set powder; we use powder to get rid of that oily shine to a clearer, glowing soft look. I’m using the Rimmel’s Stay Matte Pressed Powder (which does wonders for your skin, so it’s a definite must have in your make up collection!). By using a powder brush, you just want to lightly dust the powder over your face or until you feel that your skin is covered (without over doing it of course). So now that we have the base, we can go and glam up your eyes!

When applying any powder to your eyes, a primer is needs. This allows the eyes shadow to set and can cause less crinkles and wrinkles on your eyelid. So the look that we are going for is a soft, Smokey brown eye. Remember when doing your makeup is it important to only have one stand out piece whether it is your lips, eyes or cheeks. In this case we are opting for a statement lip, so our eyes need to be soft and not over do anything. On my mini eye shadow pallet, I started by mixing the orange colour with the light brown above is and I applied that from the inner of my lid to just the middle, from there I used the grey brown on the outer corner of the lid and blended it just above my crease line and into the middle of the eyelid. Then I applied the matte brown to the outer corner, but just the outer corner and the tiniest bit underneath my eye to enhance the smokey look. I know you’re probably wondering, what brush?  I’m just using my pointing finger and ring finger because I feel that when going for a smokey look, this gives the best, desired outcome! If you’re doing a black smokey eye it is best to use a black eyeliner, but since this is a brown look, we are using a brown liner which is only applied to the lower lash line (Or waterline), and from the outer to the middle of the upper lash line. And finally, MASCARA! My favourite part! I’m using Maybelline’s Cat Eye mascara because it offers the sleek and sexiness that this look desires, but honestly any mascara would look good, especially if it offers volume to the eyes.




This is the part you have all been waiting for, I know! It the LIPPPSSS!!!! The best colour for lips to make that statement is R-E-D! I personally love the colour red, I think it works well with anything but when paired with a LBD (little black Dress) and a gold necklace, you literally become a Goddess!

I’m not using any fancy red lipstick, but I encourage you guys to use a M.A.C , Topshop or Limecrime lipstick because it would last longer and give a better outcome to your desired look.  Anyway, the lipstick I’m using is a classic bright red which completes this makeup look.



So there it is! My first makeup tutorial! If you’d like to see more of these leave it in a comment below and maybe suggest what looks you would like to see next!

Thank you all for reading and I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
That’s all Folks!
Xoxo
Sophia!







You May Also Like

0 comments