Let's bake crepes..kind of...

by - 4/15/2014 08:50:00 pm

Ola Everyone!

School holidays are almost over, and I made the most of it!.....NOT!
I have been sat on my bed/couch watching YouTube videos, movies and downloading heaps of tv seasons to watch when really I should have been doing my English assignment...but I mean come on who wants to write about 'What does this poem tell you?' am I right! So I have been the worst procrastinator and I am not looking forward to this term at all. However, having said that I will be attending a music festival which I am excited about so I will be posting a get ready with me so stay tuned for that. 

Anyway, today I actually decided to do something and made some crepes. Now I have helped my mom make crepes but its entirely different when trying to make them yourself. You have to try and make the mixture runny but not too runny or it will stick to the pan, as well as not add too much vanilla essence...like I learned. Anyway the first batch I made, the crepes didn't taste like I wanted them to so I added some vanilla essence...and some more...and then it tasted gross...so I had to scratch that batch. So I tried again, and I guess the second time lucky saying really works because my crepes turned out just the way I wanted them too but then I realized I hadn't made enough to feed my dad and brother, good one. So I added more milk, then more flour, then more milk and then everything didn't work since the mixture was too runny it stuck to the pan and ended up looking like a ball of ingredients.At this point I was fed up so I just served the good batch of crepes which were delicious so at least something positive came out of this experience. When it comes to crepes I love a simple topping because not only does it look french it also tastes amazing. My favorite toppings and the toppings I chose were strawberries and maple syrup (a DELICIOUS combination) and lemon with sugar, but since I didn't have any lemon I got some lime from my dads tree and it still tasted amazing.



There you have it, my fabulous baking experience haha. But it was really enjoyable and I encourage anyone to give baking a go if they feel like they are procrastinating too much. If you are interested in making crepes i'll leave the ingredients I used below...but like me you'll probably have to mess around with the measurements ;).

+1 cup of Milk (to begin with, you can add more)
+1 Cup plain flour
+2 spoons of sugar
+1 tsp of vanilla essence
+2 eggs
+your favorite toppings

Also, I'm very interested in eating healthy so stay tuned for healthy breakfasts and workout routine.

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you have a lovely day, or night! 

Love ya
xoxo
Sophia

p.s. Currently listening to the ENTIRE MCFLY ALBUM religiously ...I'm seriously adoring them right now with my favorite is all about you. Check it out!

You May Also Like

0 comments