Cooking the French Cuisine!

by - 7/19/2014 05:34:00 pm


As you probably have guessed by now…ok its quite obvious, I have recently travelled to France and where it would be a crime not to eat their beautiful food…which I obviously did. So I thought, when I returned home and had at least a weeks’ worth of sleep,  I would try and recreate a very tradition Les Baux de Provence dish, which was quite convienient since I was craving it and had to make it as soon as I was at home. So the dish that I attempted to make was called Tian de Legumes, which the recipe on the internet is way different to mine and is more of a peasants food that stems from a medieval recipe (yes I did my research haha). It basically consists of onion, zucchini and tomato that’s kind of been stewed together, giving you so many flavours. If you are thinking ‘ew’ well to be honest that’s exactly what I thought because I am not the biggest fan of zucchini but as it was all stewed together it tasted like a vegetable pasta which can be eaten either hot or cold, but I prefer reasonably warm (I am quite the picky one haha).  If you would like to know how to make this delightful dish carry on reading (you really don’t have a choice, I’m watching you read this now….you probably looked around didn’t you…haha sorry!).

To begin with gather all ingredients (this is probably going to turn out like a science report oops…) which consists of onion, garlic, zucchini and tomato. (this recipe can serve up to 3 people, you can add more vegetables)

Ingredients
2 zucchinis (thinly sliced)
2 tomatoes (thinly sliced)
Half onion (thinly sliced)
1 clove of garlic (Crushed or thinly sliced)

Ok, with the heat on medium, you want to add some olive oil in a pan before adding in the garlic and onion to fry and add the flavours which should only take 5 minutes. Then you can add you zucchini and tomatoes to stew until you notice the zucchini be quite limp and soft which will take up to 20 minutes. Don’t forget to add the seasoning which is just a lot of pepper and 3-4 pinches of salt. I would give you exact measurments but I really just winged it and added what amount I like. After your zucchini has softened it is definetly done, so you can take it off the heat (duh) and either let it cool for a bit or enjoy hot…it will be delicious either way but this is a very light and serves more as side dish than a main meal and I reckon it would taste delicious with fish or chicken.



Anyway, hope you give this ago because I thought it was amazing! Thankyou for reading, and I hope you have a lovely breakfast, lunch or dinner…or whatever you’re eating right now.

Love ya
Sophia!
Xx

P.s. Part 2 of my France adventures will be coming out next week for I am still waiting on a couple of pictures from my friends so stay tuned!!

Currently listening: Simple as this by Jake Bugg (Fault in our Stars album)

Currently Loathing: School


Currently Loving: Luke Benward, Old Disney, Phil of the Future

You May Also Like

1 comments